People always say that kids grow up too fast, and they're all right!
It amazes me that Jaxon is only 8 months old now and he's already got a tooth, h
e's crawling around like greased lightning, and he figures out the funnest little games. I think his favorite is "Tag". It's a bit hard on my old knees, but he's so dang cute when he's chasing you...
Why are stairs "baby magnets"? The two days a week I tend this amazing child, we usually hang out in April & Shane's basement, watching "Curious George", and "Clifford, the Big Red Dog". Jaxon is usually cruisin' the basement (at l
east where the baby gates aren't), but I''ve learned that when he gets very quiet, he's on the stairs. Last week, I heard a thump and he started crying. Luckily he was only on the bottom step when he tumbled... the next day I caught him on the third step. Yesterday it was the sixth, so I stood behind him to see what he would do. Once he realized he had it figured out, he bolted up the rest of the stairs. At least until he got to the top two. I figured out he was grabbing the shag on the carpet and pulling himself up, but on the top two there isn't another stair to reach for, and the top stair ends in wood floor so there's nothing to grab onto. He got a little help from Nana on those two.
The bowling league has started again and we meet April & Shane at the bowling alley every Wendesday. I think that once he figures out where we're going every week, the ride will be much more pleasant. As for now though, he's not wild about the drive. I've tried numerous different "shades" in my back window, but nothing sticks for long, which means he gets the full brunt of the afternoon sun right in is face. He does love to see things around him, but in my car he either has the sun in his eyes, or we have to put the carseat shade in front of his face, obscurring his view. Ne's not wild about either of these options. Thank Heaven for big brothers!!! Tre is awesome, riding in the back seat and
trying to keep him entertained. There's another kid who's growing up too fast. He's as tall as I am now, and when straightened, I think his hair is nearly as long as mine. In the typical teenage fashion, this is the best shot I could get.
I don't know why he's so camera shy. He's a very good looking young man. It's probably just the age.
As for me and my "Uniform Wars"...
I'd like to thank everyone for your comments and support! I took the liberty of emailing the parents of some of my NBICU graduates who I've kept in touch with and asked them the simple questions: "How would your experience in the NICU been different had the nurses all been dressed alike, "namely in white". The response to that email was astounding. With the permission of "my" parents, I included their comments in my response to hospital administratio. I had to print it out and send it by Inter-departmental mail. I guess the general response from nurses in the hospital caused the email server to hospital administration to crash, and go figure... they've not put it back up. Chickens!
Oh well.. some peoples children!
I can't understand why WHITE of all colors. Won't babypoop look attractive one that? I think not.
If it comes right down to it, they will lost a boatload of staff... me included.
I will be moving sometime this month. The apartment owners have torn down all of the privacy fences and Patty is more than a little upset about that development. She liked to go out on the patio and lay in the sun. Those days are quite over. I'm trying to head up towards NSL or Bountiful. It'll be much closer to work, and if the kids sell their house, they'll probably move up there as well. I've gotta stay close to those cute boys!
Ok.. I'll close this novel out... for now. I'm sure I'll be updating again soon, but if not... Happy Halloween!!!















1 comments:
well its about time you updated hehe, look whos talking right! One day i will update also. K cute pics, jaxon is so freaking cute and hilarious for 8 months.
Tre is definitley a teenager with the long hair and definitley a boy who does not like pics, most boys don't. K good luck on the move and thats cool that you are moving up our way.
Post a Comment